HUB AGENCY CONTRACT MANAGER
|Based in||:||ESSEX OR KENT / London & S.E.|
Our client is a privately-owned logistics service provider specialising in naval-military port services and supplies.
Since their formation, they have handled over 5000 military port calls in more than 300 ports worldwide. Building upon their reputation for excellence, they have expanded and adapted their services to provide management for military inland operations and exercises, humanitarian missions, logistics and remote life support and other related OOTW missions. They operate a global network of hub offices across all continents and are supported by dedicated and motivated professional employees and representatives who are committed to achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction in a demanding military environment where there is no margin for error. This network provides local support on a global scale.
Having recently secured a new long term contract, our client is now seeking to recruit an experienced Hub-Agency professional who will lead a hub-agency team based in a new office in teh South East who will be responsible for this contract.
This is a senior position that will have full ownership of the operational, financial and administrative functions required for the successful delivery of this contract, ensuring that the Company delivers a robust, reliable and high quality service to the Customer, striving for the highest levels of excellence whilst ensuring compliance with all health, safety and security regulations.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Managing a worldwide network of Shipping Agents involved in the delivery of the contract
• Ensuring that customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner
• Setting, managing and reporting against appropriate Key Performance Indicators and audit controls
• Support and develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
• Resolution of problems in a calm and effective manner, acting proactively to pre-empt potential issues
• Producing and presenting monthly operational and financial reports
• Attending regular contract review meetings with the client and other stakeholders
• Upholding and promoting the Company’s health, safety and compliance procedures
• Ideally holding a degree or professional qualification in shipping or logistics, applicants must have a good standard of education including minimum grade C in Mathematics and English Language at GCSE or equivalent
• Must hold a UK passport or have been resident in the UK for at least 5 years. The post holder will be required to undergo a DBS check prior to commencement of employment
• A full UK driving licence
• Strong and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good grammatical and numerical skills
• Strong and effective communications skills (essential)
• Fully competent with IT including Microsoft Office applications (Word / Excel / Power point / Outlook)
• Demonstrable experience of managing contracts within a hub-agency environment
• A strong understanding of ship agency practice and procedures, preferably with experience of military logistics
• Organised and accurate with good attention to detail
• A pro-active problem solver
• Effective personal time management skills and the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks
• Good interpersonal skills at all levels
• A willingness to travel both in the UK and occasionally overseas as is required