TRAINEE OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR (PALLETFORCE)
|Based in||:||STALLINGBOROUGH / Yorkshire & Humber|
Our client is a local professional logistics services provider offering solutions which include groupage, multi-drop deliveries, distribution, warehousing and handling.
Operating from strategically located facility in North-East Lincolnshire which includes over 40,000sqft secure CCTV controlled warehousing, our client is part of the ‘Palletforce’ network offering dedicated pallet distribution throughout the UK and Europe, with a high-class fleet of vehicles fitted with the latest telematics tracking system.
A progressive company committed to customer satisfaction, they are now seeking to recruit an Operations Assistant to join their pallet network operations team.
To offer support in a busy pallet network operations team. Directly supporting operational personnel to ensure all existing and new customers are successfully implemented to the full satisfaction of the customer and that their logistics expectations are continually met.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Managing customer and network KPI reports
• Ensure that all deliveries and collection requirements are met
• Supporting other members of the team by dealing with problems / issues which arrive from drivers or customers
• Monitoring time sensitive deliveries
• Scanning and entry of network POD’s
• Entering job bookings
• Ensuring trailer departures from Client Site for the central hub are on time and cargo is not left in the warehouse
• Covering the routing of vehicles when required
• Supporting other departments
• Ensuring that Health & Safety is being complied with
• Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by Senior Management
• A good standard of education with a minimum GCSE grade C or above in Mathematics and English
• Strong and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong grammatical and numerical skills
• Fully competent in the use of IT systems
• Previous experience of the transport and logistics environment
• A working knowledge of ‘Road Runner’ and online Palletforce ‘Alliance’ systems would be advantageous although full training will be given
• Customer focused with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Able to handle and prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-moving operational environment
• Ability to take direction as well as effective personal time management skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Common sense approach to business
Monday to Friday 0900-1830
Saturday am on rota basis