TRAINEE IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
|Based in||:||IMMINGHAM / Yorkshire & Humber|
Founded in 2013, our client is part of an longer established and reputable Group of Companies who are market leaders in providing Shipping Agency, Freight Forwarding and associated services to clients across the UK, Belgium and The Netherlands.
Our client provides a wide spectrum of technical services and products to businesses throughout the Humber, South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Region.
They work with their customers to establish solutions suitable for their particular business needs, providing value for money and maximising business potential.
As part of their planned growth they are now seeking to recruit a Junior or Trainee IT Technician whose role will be focussed upon the support of their customers ‘IT infrastructure’ and ‘network', ultimately leading onto the development and actioning change requests in this area.
A recently qualified graduate who has specialised in Computer Science or equivalent qualification, the successful candidate will have received a good general education but will also have focused technical learning.
Prior experience is not essential but would be desirable.
* Providing initial help-desk support for users of Company IT hardware and software ensuring all calls are logged and resolved in a timely manner
* Investigate, diagnose and resolve IT support issues where possible, working with users, other staff and third party suppliers as appropriate
* Take ownership for the resolution of issues, monitoring progress and applying the correct escalation procedure as necessary
* Ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to all clients
* Assist with agreed plans to install or upgrade items of hardware and/or software as directed
Additionally candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to converse clearly and confidently on the telephone and in person.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience;
Job holder should have some experience or understanding in the following key areas: -
* Microsoft Windows 7/10
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/12/16 and Linux operating systems
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365
* Experience of VMware, Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer virtualization technologies
* Security Solutions incorporating Firewalls, Web Filtering, VPN, E-Mail Filtering, Anti-Virus
* Knowledge of networking infrastructure, Routing & Switches
* Knowledge of Telephony, Fixed and Mobile solutions
* Have completed an IT qualification such as a HNC/D or equivalent qualification
* An excellent awareness of the latest developments in IT
* Good fault finding and troubleshooting skills are essential along with a genuine interest in developing a career in IT
* A full valid driving licence is required to fulfil the role