Giving You The Edge In The Logistics And Supply Chain Jobs Market
Our Team Will Help You Safely Navigate Your Next Career Move
A Personal Profile That Delivers
Having a well formatted CV that you are happy with is a great first step however to increase your chances of securing your next role you should also consider updating or creating a personal profile. Here are a few tips to help you be get noticed - even if you are not looking!
Business networking sites such as LinkedIn are increasingly becoming the starting point for organisations looking to recruit people and so here are a few pointers to how you can create a fantastic social media profile.
- Ensure that your access settings are open so that your name can be found in search results
- Make sure that your profile is search optimised (see CV tips)
- Use a good quality photograph that you would be happy for a future employer to see
- Include all relevant roles on your profile
- Include your education history
- List any additional languages that you can speak
- If you are actively looking for a new role ensure that your contact details are visible
- Seek recommendations from current and previous co-workers, employers and other stakeholders
- Develop your network but remember quality and not quantity is important
- Follow relevant LinkedIn groups
The Ragged Edge Talent Network
If you are actively seeking new employment then we recommend registering with our exclusive Talent Network. Because we work exclusively in the Logistics and Supply Chain sector our clients regularly search our Talent Network for candidate profiles that meet their requirements. If you post your profile correctly then you are likely to get more success than simply applying for numerous positions.
- Ensure that your profile is accurate and up to date
- Populate all of the fields - it's NOT just about uploading your CV
- Ensure that you use the appropriate sector and skills relevant to you
- Enter your salary expectations and keep them realistic - if you leave this field blank you are likely not to appear in over 50% of searches
- Be specific about your location, the distance you are willing to commute and if you are prepared to relocate
- Ensure that you respond to interest shown in your profile - first impression counts
- Think before registering your profile on a CV database if you are not really looking for new opportunities - this simply wastes your time and that of potential future employers and recruiters